The Concrete Institute of Australia has just announced that entries for the 2021 Excellence in Concrete Awards are now open. Catering for projects of all sizes, these awards recognise excellence in concrete design, construction and materials around Australia.
“Our Awards for Excellence in Concrete program fulfils the Concrete Institute of Australia’s mission, “to promote and develop excellence in concrete research, technology, application, design and construction”.
Excellence in Concrete Categories
Entries are divided up into 5 separate categories.
- Residential Buildings (residential dwellings up to eleven stories)
- Commercial Buildings (offices, industrial buildings and large residential complexes etc with more than eleven stories)
- Infrastructure Projects (schools, hospitals, bridges, roads and wharves etc)
- Repairs, Restoration & Retrofitting (projects where considerable concrete repair works have been conducted, restoration works or retrofitting existing structures)
- Technology & Innovation (research, technical publications, new products, equipment or techniques that contribute to the understanding and/or use of concrete)
Entries Close 1 March 2021
State and National Awards
There will be a winner from each category in each state (more than one award can be granted in each category) with these winners going on to be judged against each other for an overall national category winner. From this pool, one entry will be awarded the Kevin Cavanagh Trophy for Excellence in Concrete.
The National Awards will be presented at the Institute’s 2021 Conference Dinner on 7 September 2021 in Perth.